Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Baking Time!!

I have become known by my friends and family as a little baker. Every Christmas it is my responsibility to make Christmas cookies to give out to my friends and share on Christmas Eve with my family. I ALWAYS make chocolate covered macaroons, gingerbread cookies, and I usually try 1 new recipe.

This year I decided to try Peppermint Bark as my test recipe, it looks yummy and delicious!

Ingredients:
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup crushed peppermint candies

To make:
1. Melt both chocolates in separate bowls in microwave until smooth (medium heat works best)
2. Stir in 6 tablespoons of crushed candies into each bowl of melted chocolate
3. Drop alternating spoonfuls of melted chocolates onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with waxed paper
4. With a metal spatula, cut through the chocolate to swirl while spreading it to about 1/4 inch thick
5. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies
6. Chill until firm in the refrigerator and break into pieces, store in an air tight container.

1 comment:

Suburban Monkey said...

Peppermint bark is soooo good! My mom just made some last week and I gobbled it up! Isn’t baking fun, I just love the holidays!!