Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Carmel Corn – Delicious!!

I make this recipe for parties or for little give-a-ways during the Holidays. BEWARE - this snack is VERY addicting!

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup Karo syrup
boil for 5 minutes

Then add:
½ tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp baking soda

Pour mixture over:
1 bag popped microwave popcorn
2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups Cheerios
2 cups Graham Cracker Cereal

* You can mix just about anything you think would taste good (ex. peanuts, pretzels, etc.) just keep it to 6 cups of stuff plus the popcorn so there is enough carmel mixture to go around.

Mix in a large bowl and bake at 250 degrees for approx 1 hour, mix occasionally.
**Use parchment paper or line cookie sheet with foil for a hassle free clean up.

Remove from oven and cool on wax paper. CAUTION: Syrup mixture gets very hot, so use care when children are helping.

1 comment:

Suburban Monkey said...

Love carmel corn...so does Ben. I think I will surprise him and make this tonight!