Saturday, October 4, 2008

Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Okay, I made this and was so impressed with how awesome it was so I had to post this. Its really easy to make too!

1/2 c. red onion
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt, divided
4 (6 oz.) chicken boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/3 c. seedless raspberry preserves
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. black pepper

1. Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Combine the thyme and 1/4 tsp. and rub onto chicken. Add the chicken to the pan and cook on each side for 6 minutes, or until fully cooked. Remove from pan and keep warm.

2. Reduce heat to med-low. Add remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until preserves melt. Spoon the raspberry sauce onto the chicken and serve. (1 chicken breast half to 2 tbsp. of sauce.)

1 comment:

Kim Davis said...

I had a recipe just like this and have lost it! I'm glad you posted it because Deven was just asking for it the other day.