Okay, okay -- it is really Sweet & Sour Pork, but I don't do pork -- but I think this recipe would be amazing with Chicken and/or Shrimp. I got this recipe from a Recipe Demo & Exchange, and it was the best I have ever had... this even beats Chinese Restaurants (especially cuz you'll know what's in it! hehehe)
Slice the following:
1/2 lb. of Chicken into bite size pieces
1 onion, not too small
1 large bell pepper
1 carrot into circles, cook in water for 5 minutes
Add Chicken to this mixture:
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soy sauce
4 tsp. corn starch
2 eggs, beaten
Coat Chicken pieces in 1 cup of finely crushed saltine crackers and refrigerate for 1/2 hour
Fry the chicken for 10 minutes in heated canola oil. Set aside and keep warm.
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
Combine an cook on medium/high heat
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup catsup
3/4 cup sugar
4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
a dash of tabasco
Blend together
2 tsp corn starch
1/4 cup water
Then add to the vinegar mixture and stir constantly until thick.
Cook the veggies together until they soften slightly, do not fully saute them. Pour the veggies over the meat, and dump drained pineapple chunks ( 2 cans worth) over it, then pour the sweet & sour sauce over everything.
Eat over steamed rice and enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment