Sunday, May 2, 2010

Worlds Best Potato Salad

I cant guarantee this is the "world's best" but it's the best recipe I've tasted! Sorry, I don't have a mouth watering photo to add....but I promise its delicious!

6 medium potatoes
4-5 green onions, finely sliced
1 cup chopped celery
1 tsp salt
6 hard boiled eggs, diced
Sweet & Dill pickles, diced


2 eggs, beaten
½ cup white sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
salt to taste
½ apple cider vinegar
5 oz. milk
1 tsp yellow mustard
¼ cup butter
1 cup mayonnaise

1. Peel & Place the potatoes into a large pot and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until you can easily pierce with a fork. Cool and dice, toss with the onion, celery, hard boiled eggs & pickles. and tsp. salt.
2. Whisk together 2 eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in the vinegar, milk and mustard. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add in the butter until melted. Cool and refrigerate, then stir in the mayonnaise.
3. Stir in the dressing into the bowl of potato salad until evenly coated. Chill several hours before serving for best flavor.

No comments: